The H-1060 was Hondo's top-of-the-line, Japanese-made ES-335 copy. Part of the Professional Series, they were either made by Tokai, based on their ES-100 model, or by Matsumoku, based on their Aria Pro II ES models.
Note: Owners of this model, please contact me with any information you can provide; a picture of the neck joint would be greatly helpful.
The Korean-made version (H-935) would go on to be one of Hondo's most popular models.
- Laminated Maple arched top, back & sides
- Solid center block
- Set-in Mahogany neck
- Rosewood fingerboard with dot inlays
- Deluxe headstock w/ volute
- Silk-screened Script logo
- 22 frets
- 24 5/8" scale
- Single-ply body (front and back)
- Two (Gotoh, MMK?) humbucker pickups
- 3-way selector switch
- 2 Vol, 2 Tone
- Gold hardware
- Brass nut
- Headstock-matching truss rod cover w/ "Professional" silkscreen
- Black Witch Hat knobs
- Tune-O-Matic bridge w/ stopbar tailpiece
- Dark Brown Sunburst
- Translucent Black