While seemingly almost identical to the Vantage "Entertainer" solid body, it is not a copy of that because that model was introduced in 1982. However, it may have some influence from the Ibanez Artist and/or Epiphone Genesis.
Made in Incheon, Korea by Samick.
The HDC model was only offered as a set-neck model with DiMarzios, thus the name "HDDCS" (See: Naming Conventions). In 1980, it was re-named HD-770. Some examples did not have the Torch inlay.
- Solid Ash body with arched Ash top
- Set-in neck
- Stained fretboard with Pearloid block inlays
- Deluxe headstock
- Mother of Pearl Script logo
- Mother of Pearl Torch headstock inlay
- 22 frets
- 24.75" scale
- Triple-ply body
- Double-ply fretboard and headstock
- Two DiMarzio K-10 humbuckers
- 3-way switch
- 2 Tone, 2 Vol
- Chrome hardware
- Fish shaped truss rod cover
- Black speed knobs
- Tune-O-Matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece
Antique Brown Sunburst (AB)
Wine (WI or W1)