The Stingray was Marlin's standard superstrat model.
- £159 Retail (1988)
- Contoured laminate body
- Belly carve
- Rock Maple bolt-on neck with Rosewood "skunk stripe"
- Rosewood fretboard with dot inlays and Marlin at 12th fret
- Color matched headstock
- Bullet style truss rod
- 22 frets
- 25.5" scale
- Two wax potted ceramic single coils, one humbucker (~8K ohms)
- Coil tap mini switch
- Separate on/off mini switches for each pickup
- 1 Vol, 2 Tone
- Chrome or Black hardware
- "KKT" Licensed Floyd Rose tremolo with locking nut
- Candy Apple Red with chrome hardware (02)
- Dark Blue with black hardware (04)
- Charcoal Fire Grey with chrome hardware (05)
- Pearl White with black hardware (06)
- Black with black hardware (07)
Left-handed version available in Candy Apple Red and Charcoal Fire Grey.